About McGregor Consultants
Energy Industry Recruitment Specialists We get results by understanding our client’s objectives and building long-term relationships with our consultants. We specialise in matching qualified candidates to specialised drilling, subsea, completion, HSE, contracts, materials, renewable energy, and cost accounting posts worldwide. With over 60 years of collective oil and gas experience we are proud to understand this sector inside and out.
McGregor Consultants is 75% owned by The NRG Group. The NRG Group consists of three independent but closely related companies, providing well integrity, engineering, and project management services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Title Administrative Assistant
Department Finance and Recruitment
Location 20 Rubislaw Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XE / Hybrid Working
Job Type Full-time, Permanent (09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri)
• Direct reports: Directors.
• Close working relationships with Finance, Contracts and Recruitment Teams
• External clients, consultants and suppliers
Principal Elements of the role to support the administrative, finance and office management for McGregor Consultants in Aberdeen.
Finance administrative duties:
• Monitoring of the invoices e-mail inbox
• Logging and posting all Consultant purchase invoices
• Logging and posting all purchase invoices
• Updating the Invoice Payment Log
• Raising sales invoices
• Chasing any outstanding Consultant timesheets
Recruitment administrative duties:
• Database Management
• Contractor record management – Ensure all records on file for existing contractors are in date and maintained
• Formatting and issuance of contractor assignment documentation
• Perform eligibility, certification, and reference-checking processes
• Maintaining company memberships
General administrative duties:
• Minute taking at the weekly staff meeting
• Stationery orders
• Receiving and distributing mail
Key Attributes • Experience with Microsoft Office i.e.: word, excel, outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• Proactive with a desire to progress
• Strong team player
• Confident dealing with people over the phone and face to face
• Respectful of confidentiality.
• Commitment to the values and ethos of McGregors is essential
Opportunities McGregor consultants hope to bring a motivated individual onboard who may want to explore progressing their career either in the finance or recruitment department.
Employee Benefits As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits including;
• Travel insurance
• Private health insurance
• Aviva health discounts from gyms and get active equipment.
• Pension contribution
• Death in service.
Applicants should submit a CV and short covering letter. The closing date for applications is 28th February 2023.
McGregors is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which have a disproportionately adverse effect on his/her racial group or sex. Selection criteria and procedures are intended to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. All information provided by applicants will be treated as confi